Tuesday 12 November 2013

Back again!

My poor little blog had died a bit of a death but I will now try to resurrect it!

Very exciting for me is that I have now begun my part-time PhD in Fine Art at Aberystwyth University. As well as this exciting development in my life, I now have three solo exhibitions lined up  -  amazing! The first will be in the Cloisters Gallery, St Davids Cathedral, March 2014  -  both Arthur and I are looking forward to being back there again  -  the second will be in  Oriel Ysbyty Gwynedd, Bangor, April - June 2014 and the third from 10th January  -  22nd February 2015 in MOMA Wales Machynlleth.

I have always believed in art in hospitals, so it is really good to be exhibiting in Bangor Hospital next spring and I am very excited about the forthcoming solo in MOMA. Lucinda, MOMA's new curator, is really nice to speak to and I'm looking forward to working with her on the exhibition  -  she is very keen on my idea for it  -  there will be sound as well as visuals and Miranda thinks it could also form part of my PhD, which would be great.

 
This image is 'In the Garden, Secretly', the one which was Highly Commended in this year's Open Exhibition in MOMA in the summer, when the theme was 'The Garden, Yr Ardd'  -  my take on the Garden of Eden!

No comments:

Post a Comment