Wednesday 31 October 2018

Talk and Workshop Limavady October 2018

As part of the War-Torn Children Exhibition in the Roe Valley Arts and Cultural Centre, Limavady County Londonderry in which I have my piece Her Pillow, the Earth, I gave a talk/workshop to a group of specially invited artists, practitioners and those with a special interest in stitch in October in conjunction with the exhibition.




Her Pillow, the Earth


This is my piece Her Pillow, the Earth and, at the Opening of the War-Torn Children Exhibition in the Roe Valley Arts and Cultural Centre, Limavady, Brenda Chivers, Mayor of Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council, curator Roberta Bacic and Billy Coyles who hung the exhibition were photographed by my piece.


I enjoyed giving the talk and doing the workshop afterwards with the participants.



Giving the talk. 

The centre supplied a nice big screen for my Powerpoint images and also had the necessary equipment for the sound elements of my presentation.


Getting going with the materials





Discussing techniques






Choosing the fabric



A moment's distraction!



The work continues



A little discussion at the end of the workshop

It was a pleasure to get together with those I already knew and to meet others I hadn't met or worked with before. The exhibition came about largely due to Roberta Bacic of Conflict Textiles and more about this organisation can be found on their website  conflicttextiles  with some more photographs of the workshop taken by Breege Doherty at 1200_photo-gallery-EHarrisson-wshop-050918-BD.pdf





No comments:

Post a Comment